- 2 package of chicken thighs/wings with skin and bone or a combination
- 2 TB honey or sugar
- 1/3/4 TB chili garlic sauce (or any hot sauce)
- 1/4 cup Tamari soy sauce ( regular soy sauce is fine for non-gluten eaters)
- 2 TB sesame oil
- 2 TB ketchup
- 2 TB honey
- 2 TB Tamari soy sauce
- 2tsp brown sugar or sugar
- 2 tsp chili garlic sauce (or any hot sauce)
- 2 TB minced garlic (if desired)
- 2 tsp arrowroot powder or cornstarch
- garnish with sesame seeds and sliced green scallions
Preheat your oven (or toaster oven) to 375F. Line baking sheet with foil and place chicken pieces on top, making sure that no pieces are directly on top of each other. Place into oven and bake for at least 25-30 minutes or until done. The last 10 minutes I usually kick up the heat to 425F.
Meanwhile, prepare your sauce. In a small saucepan, mix ketchup, honey, soy sauce, sugar, chili sauce, garlic and arrowroot powder (or)cornstarch. Mix thoroughly and heat on stove until thickened . Watch carefully, this takes around a minute or less.
Feel free to baste your chicken a couple times while cooking. Once chicken is done cooking, place into your sauce bowl and toss. Garnish with sesame seeds and sliced green scallions and serve.
For nect day re-heating, I heat chicken either in a microwave briefly or in a 425F oven until heated through, than I place n hi broiler just to crisp the outside.