Monday, November 26, 2012
21/3 cup rice flour or (2 2/3 cups all purpose flour for non-gluten)
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt or (3/4 teaspoon Celtic salt)
2 cups packed brown sugar
1 cup butter, at room temperature
2 eggs, at room temperature
1 Tablespoon vanilla
2 Tablespoons white sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, beat together the butter, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla until smooth. Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture and beat until well blended.
4. Spread the batter evenly in the prepared pan. ( the mix will be sticky)
5. In a small bowl, combine the white sugar and cinnamon.
6. Sprinkle the mixture evenly over the batter in the baking pan.
7. Bake for 25 - 30 minutes or until the surface springs back when gently pressed. Remove from oven and let cool slightly on a wire rack. While still warm, cut into squares with a sharp knife.
This recipe was designed to use regular all purpose flour, but I converted it to be gluten-free.
Conversion: 1 cup of all-purpose flour = 7/8 cup rice flour.