Wednesday, September 5, 2012
6 tsp. feta cheese
1/3 cup shredded fresh spinach
3 tsp. chopped sun dried tomatoes
12 basil leaves torn
1 1/2 large fresh tomatoes, seeded and chopped
1 1/2 tsp. grated Parmesan cheese
12 eggs, beaten -salt and pepper
(this combo was created by Antonia Lofaso's former Top Chef All-Star)
1.Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 12-cup muffin tin (or silicone non-stick cups) with nonstick cooking spray. Divide feta cheese, spinach, and sun dried tomatoes equally among 6 of the tins. Divide basil, fresh tomatoes and Parmesan cheese equally in the other 6 tins.
2. Pour the eggs equally among the tins. Mix with the other ingredients.
3. Bake fir 15-17 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes, then remove from tins.
OTHER ingredients that are yummy to use: (This is a great way to get rid of piddling leftovers)
- Mixed bell peppers, mozzarella cheese, basil, and sausage bits
( seasoned ground turkey or chicken is yummy)
- Saute shallots, and mushrooms, feta cheese
- Ham, cheddar cheese, and broccoli ( GREAT FOR KIDS)
NO DAIRY INGREDIENTS:
-Broccoli, onions, and red or green bell peppers
-Leftover veggie mix (zucchini, onions, cauliflower, peppers), fresh basil
Store in plastic bags 2 at a time for easy grab and go breakfast.