2 Tablespoon cooking oil (vegetable work great)
1-2 shallots chopped (I used one because that was all I had)
2-3 chicken breasts cut into bite size pieces
1 package Trader Joe's Ribboned Sweet Potatoes or 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
3-4 cups fresh baby spinach
3 Tablespoons curry paste ( store bought or homemade, see links below)
1 14 oz. can full fat coconut milk
3/4 cup chicken stock or water ( I bet veggie stock works great too)
1/2 cup chopped peanuts
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
1 Tablespoon fish sauce ( or enough to taste)
1. Start your rice or cauliflower rice if you are serving (highly recommend)
2. Heat 1 Tablespoon oil over medium high heat. Add your bite size chicken pieces and cook until barely pink in the middle. Remove and place in bowl. Set aside.
3. Heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium high heat and stir fry your shallots until fragrant and fairly soft. Do not brown. Add sweet potatoes and mix with shallots. Add curry paste and stir until well incorporated. The store bought curry is on the drier side, so just focus on evenly disrupting it.
4. Add coconut milk, fish sauce and broth. Mix well so curry dissolves. Let simmer over low heat for 10 minutes. The sauce will begin to thicken.
5. Add chicken and cook for 2-3 minutes.
6. Add spinach and half the cilantro and mix in. Cover pan and cook until spinach is wilted. Maybe another 3-5 minutes.
7. Serve over rice or cauliflower rice and top with chopped cilantro and peanuts.
Homemade Yellow Curry Recipe: