There are so many great dishes that will benefit from these delicious grain-free crepes. I made them as a substitute for noodles in a lasagna dish ( I will post this recipe as well), but then I discovered how yummy they are used in sweet and savory dishes as well as a substitute for pancakes and tortillas.
3 Tablespoons coconut flour (sifted)
I cup unsweetened almond milk, or other non dairy milk
2 teaspoons coconut oil or butter melted (plus 2 tablespoons for the pan)
1/4 teaspoon salt
-Whisk together the crepe ingredients in a bowl. Let sit for 10 minutes while the pan heats so the coconut flour can absorb the liquid, then whisk again.
- Heat a crepe pan or enameled skilled over the medium-high heat.
- Brush sides and bottom of pan with melted oil or butter
- Pour ¼ cup of the batter into the hot pan, turning the pan in a circular motion with one hand so the batter spreads thinly around the pan. Alternatively, very quickly use a spatula to spread the batter. Fill any holes with a drop of batter, making sure the pan is fully covered.
- Cook for 1 minute, until the edges start to lift. Gently work a spatula under the crepe and flip it over. Cook on the second side for 15 seconds and turn out onto a plate.
- Continue with the remaining batter, stacking the crepes on the plate as you work. Add a little more oil to the pan after about every 3 to 4 crepes if they begin to stick.
* this recipe was provided by Danielle Walker from Against all Grain. I loved the recipe so much, I left it as is.