Sunday, January 13, 2013

Paleo Pancakes

 Ingredients:

1/2 cup coconut flour
3/4 tsp. Stevia powder ( or  1 Tbl. Coconut sugar.)
1 tsp. baking soda
1/8 tsp. Celtic salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 cap full of vanilla extract
6 eggs or ( 4 eggs and 2/3  cup egg whites)
1/4-1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk or coconut milk ( I like my pancakes thinner, so I start with 1/4 cup and keep adding until I have a thinner consistency) 

Directions:
Heat a pan on medium with 1 tablespoon extra-virgin coconut oil (or butter/ghee).Whisk your eggs and (and whites), and vanilla in a mixing bowl. Add your dry ingredients. Combine well and add milk as needed. Add your batter to the pan 1/4 cup at a time. Cook until bubbles form well on the top (about 2-3 minutes) and then flip when sturdy. Fry for another 1-2 minutes and then plate. Add more coconut oil between batches as needed. Yield 16 small pancakes. Top as desired, however I love mine with bananas, fresh strawberries, and organic maple syrup.

2 comments: