Monday, November 12, 2012

Blue Barn- A New Neighborhood Deli Phenomenon

I wanted to share my recent visit to Blue Barn, located at Corte Madera's Town Center. I am not one to fill my blog with anything other than recipes and nutrition facts, however, I am so excited that this brand new neighborhood deli phenomenon has landed in Marin County, and couldn't help but share. 

Finally, Marin has a place to eat where people with or without diet and food restrictions can come and eat as one. Not only is Blue Barn committed to improving the way people eat, but they also pursue sustainable and organic ideals. These efforts allow them to partner with many local producers, and they use the harvest of Oak Hill Farm, a small, organic and family-run farm located in Sonoma, to draw inspiration for their tasty seasonal creations.

This pop-in, sit where you like hot spot, not only has a built-in menu of choices, but they also have a build-it yourself salad bar which allows you to pick from over 60 different toppings . The salad menu includes traditional favorites like Chinese Chicken salad and Caesar salad, but they also have innovative salad creations like the "Detox"which is full of veggies, fruits and grains and a 'master cleans' dressing, and the "Winter",  which comes with yummy seasonal roasted veggies. Their menu also has over 10 creative sandwiches that all look mouth watering (sadly I am not a bread eater, but my boyfriend did a little taste testing for himself, and loved his choice the Kickin' Chicken sandwich). I couldn't help but fixate on their fancy grilled cheese menu, but again I sadly won't be indulging in any of these tasty creations, but I will certainly live vicariously through everyone else.

My favorite part of my experience was building my own personalized salad. There is an easy breakdown of how to create my own, which includes a list of different types of toppings: raw, cooked, fruit, cheese, nuts and seeds, crunch, and protein fixings. You get to also choose your favorite type of greens, and with eleven types of dressings, you can try a different salad combination each time.  One of the great things about this place is when you fianlly create a "favorite" salad, Blue Barn will write down and laminate your ingredient card, and keep it on file in-house. This to me is one the most ingenious ideas. I can't tell you how many times I have tried to re-create my favorite combination, but my mind goes blank because I'm starving. Thanks to this gesture, I will always have access to my own salad favorites. I can't wait to go back and try a new round of toppings!

 Open 7-days a week 11am-8pm, you can enjoy Blue Barn's delicious menu everyday of the week.





Brooke Gray- General Manager/Partner
Brooke@bluebarngourmet.com
Barn: (415) 927-1104
335 Corte Madera Town Center
www.bluebarngourmet.com

No comments:

Post a Comment